I just installed a new Bacula client but for some reason the server could not connect to it. I found this out by trying to get the status of the client on the server with the following command:
sudo bconsole status client=my.client-rd
Here is the things that I checked on the server.
Step 1 – Check that the service bacula-fd is started:
sudo service bacula-fd status
Step 2 – Check the bacula-fd process is bound to the port 9102
sudo netstat -an|grep 9102
Step 3 – Check that you can telnet into the client port from the server.
telnet ip.ad.dr.ess 9102
I found the the client configuration did have the correct client ipaddress but each of these checks enabled me to narrow down the problem.